Report all emergencies by dialing 911

Reports other than emergencies may be made by calling the Galva Police Department at (309) 932 - 3720. If an officer is not available, you may leave a voice mail and a call-back number and an officer will contact you as soon as possible.

If you need to speak to an officer right away, call the Henry County Sheriff's office at (309) 937 - 3911 (Non Emergencies Only!).

Reporting suspicious acitivity

Call 911 to report unusual activity or suspicious behavior that may require an immediate response by the Galva Police Department.

Remember, you do not have to wait until later to report something that your "gut instinct" tells you is "not quite right." What you perceive to be "out of the ordinary" may in fact be criminal activity.

Looking for your vehicle?

For various reasons, the Galva Police Department may have your vehicle towed to an impound yard for safekeeping. These reasons include, but are not limited to:

  • the vehicle is parked in a No Parking zone
  • the vehicle was involved in suspected criminal activity and must be impounded to preserve evidence
  • the vehicle is obstructing traffic
  • the vehicle has been involved in an accident and must be stored until the owner can safely remove it
  • the vehicle is obstructing emergency personnel and/or emergency equipment
  • the vehicle is parked in a fire lane
  • the vehicle is obstructing public works personnel attempting to remove snow from public streets

If you know or suspect that your vehicle has been towed, contact the Galva Police Department to arrange for its release.

Before your vehicle will be released, you will have to:

  • pay a towing fee - towing fees start at $150.00 and may be more depending on the circumstances
  • pay a storage fee - the storage fee for impounded vehicles is $35.00 per day
  • provide current proof of insurance or other proof of financial responsibility for the vehicle
  • present a valid Driver's License unless you are having the vehicle removed by a tow service
  • pay an administrative fee of $100.00

Need a police report?

To obtain a copy of a police report, such as:

  • an accident report
  • a crime report
  • a case report or
  • an activity log

contact the police department at (309) 932 - 3720. The fee for each report is $10.00.

The Galva Police Department is responsible for enforcing the City's animal control ordinance.

Because animals that seem harmless at first may in fact pose an unnecessary risk to you or others, Galva police officers always recommend that you do not approach any animal that is unfamiliar to you.

To report a dog running at large, call (309) 932 - 3900.

Animals running at large, as well as neglected or abused animals and those animals that have become a nuisance to others are subject to being impounded. By city ordinance, the owners of animals deemed to be a nuisance to others, and the owners of those animals that are impounded by the City, are subject to fees and fines, and in some cases the loss of their animals.

To report an animal that is acting strangely or in a threatening or vicious manner call 911.

For more information regarding animal control within the municipality's corporate limits, visit the City's Animal Control Page on this website.

To request assistance with trapping nuisance animals call City Hall during normal working hours at (309) 932 - 2555.

The City employs a licensed trapper that will assist property owners that have been invaded by skunks, raccoons and other nuisances. The City will not remove rabbits or squirrels from your property.